1Which are the requirements to become an Egg Donor?
• BMI under 25
• Age between 20 -29 years of age
• Has been sexually active (at least once)
• Cannot be adopted
• Willing to take injections
• Dependable and able to make appointment
• Normal ovarian reserve testing
• Ask our donor coordinator for a complete list of AFS egg donor requirements
2What are the steps for donating?
1. Complete application
2. Schedule interview with our donor coordinator
3. Interview with social worker
4. Medical screening: all required blood work for routine, hormone, infectious disease and genetic testing. Includes vaginal ultrasound and physical exam with medical doctor.
5. Matching process
6. Medication protocol
7. Egg retrieval
8. Post egg retrieval follow up
3What are some benefits in donating my eggs at AFS?
At AFS, you will experience a positive and rewarding feeling from working with our compassionate staff. We will handhold you through your donation all the way through. You will earn a generous compensation up to $10,000. You will receive a gift card, an invitation to social events to stay connected with other donors, and also offer you a bonus for referring friends to become an egg donor. In addition, you will get a free physical exam, you will find out about your ovarian reserve.
4Does donating egg affect my own fertility?
Studies have shown that egg donation does not decrease your chances for future pregnancies.
5Does it hurt?
While on medication and after your egg retrieval, you may feel bloated, similar to menstrual cramps before your period.
6How many times can I donate?
It is recommended that donors should not exceed more than 6 donations in total.