- Directly from you through our website, through other websites operated by us or by third parties, and offline in connection with your use of the Services.
- When and where available, through mobile and desktop applications you download from our website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and us.
- In email, text and other electronic messages between you and us and any person interacting with you on behalf of American Fertility Services.
- Via our third party doctors, mobile phlebotomists, and labs.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
- create an account or purchase any of our Services (ex: billing information, including name, address, credit card number, government identification);
- request assistance from our award-winning customer support team (ex: phone number);
- complete contact forms or request newsletters or other information from us (ex: email); or
- participate in contests and surveys, apply for a job, or otherwise participate in activities we promote that might require information about you.
- any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Services.
The Services are offered and available only to users who are 21 years of age or older. We do not solicit, collect, or maintain information from people we actually know are under 21 years old. If we obtain actual knowledge that a user is under 18 years old, we will use our best efforts to promptly remove that person’s information from our database. If you are not 21 years of age or older, you must not access or use the Services. Information Collection and Use For a better experience while using our Service, we may require you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information, including but not limited to your name, phone number, and postal address. The information that we collect will be used to contact or identify you. Log Data We want to inform you that whenever you visit our Service, we collect information that your browser sends to us that is called Log Data. This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser version, pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, and other statistics. Cookies Cookies are files with small amount of data that is commonly used an anonymous unique identifier. These are sent to your browser from the website that you visit and are stored on your computer’s hard drive. Information Usage
We may use the information we collect for certain purposes, including the following:
- Maintain and provide our Site, products, and services
- Fulfill the purpose for which you provide it
- Personalize your experience
- Improve our Site, products and services
- Develop new products and services
- Process transactions
- Improve security
- Detect and prevent fraud
- Protect our and our visitors' safety
- Analyze and monitor activity on our Site
- Comply with our obligations
- Exercise our rights
- Enforce our contracts
- WHAT INFORMATION DOES AMERICAN FERTILITY SERVICES COLLECT?
(a) Information You Provide to Us Through the Services, we may ask you to provide certain categories of information such as: (1) demographic and personal identifiable information, which is information that identifies you personally, such as your first and last name, age, gender email address, address, and phone number (“Personal and Demographic Information”); (2) specific information about your Device (as defined below), such as the type of Device you use to access the Services, IP addresses and other unique device identifiers for your Device, and network information for your Device (“Device Identifiers”), and (3) information about your health (e.g., history of disease, menstrual cycle, symptoms) and information about the medications you are taking (e.g., current medications, current and past birth control methods) (“Health Information”) (“Personal and Demographic Information” and “Health Information” are referred to collectively herein as “Your Information”). In connection with the Services, we may collect Your Information in the following ways:
- Through forms you fill out on our website.
- Through information provided by you in connection with our Services.
- Through surveys, polls, blogs and postings, and submittals.
(b) Information We Collect and Store As You Access and Use the Services In addition to Your Information and other information that you choose to submit to us via our Services, we and our third-party service providers may use a variety of technologies that automatically (or passively) collect and store certain information whenever you visit or interact with the Services (“Usage Information”). This Usage Information may be stored or accessed using a variety of technologies that may be downloaded to your mobile phone or computer (your “Device”) whenever you visit or interact with our Services. Usage Information may be non identifying or may be associated with you. Whenever we associate Usage Information with Your Information, we will treat it as Your Information. This Usage Information may include:
- your Device functionality (including browser, operating system, hardware, mobile or local network information);
- the areas within our Services that you visit and your activities there, including remembering you and your preferences; and
- certain other Device data, including the time of day, among other information.
We may use various methods and technologies to collect and store Usage Information (“Tracking Technologies”). For example, we use “embedded scripts” or “cookies.” An embedded script (or cookie) is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the Services, such as the links you click. The code is temporarily downloaded onto your Device from our web server or a third party service provider, is active only while you are connected to the Services, and is deactivated or deleted thereafter. We may use Tracking Technologies for the following purposes:
- To facilitate our Service;
- To provide the Service on our behalf;
- To perform Service-related services; or
- To assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
- Performance-Related. We may use Tracking Technologies that are useful in order to assess the performance of the Services, including as part of our analytic practices or otherwise to improve the content, products or services offered through the Services.
- Functionality-Related. We may use Tracking Technologies that are required to offer you enhanced functionality when accessing the Services, including identifying you when you visit our Services or keeping track of our specified preferences, including in terms of the presentation of content on our Services.
- HOW DO WE PROTECT THE INFORMATION COLLECTED?
We understand that protecting Your Information is important and endeavor to incorporate commercially reasonable safeguards to help protect and secure Your Information, including encrypting Your Information while it is at rest and in transit. We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All personal information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL or other encryption technology, or will use our third party payment processors, who will use appropriate security procedures. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You should not share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Services like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Services. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet, mobile networks, wireless transmission or electronic storage of information can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Services. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Services. Do Not Track Disclosures
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that visitors can set in their web browsers. When a visitor turns on DNT, the browser sends a message to websites requesting that they don’t track the visitor. Currently, there is no standardized way to respond to such signals, and we do not respond to such signals at this time. For information about DNT, visit www.allaboutdnt.org Access
Upon request, we will provide you with a copy of your account data (EU customers only), or information about whether we hold, or process on behalf of a third party, any of your personally identifiable information. To request this information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- HOW DO WE USE THE INFORMATION COLLECTED?
We may use Your Information or Usage Information for various purposes, including:
- to provide the Services to you;
- to suggest biomarkers to analyze and to design the test you will take;
- to work with third party service providers to enable them to send you lists of physicians in your area;
- to provide you with information (such as electronic newsletters) or to provide you with special offers or promotional and marketing materials on behalf of us or third parties;
- to enable you to participate in a variety of the Services’ features;
- to improve the Services, or our offerings;
- to provide customer support;
- to contact you with regard to your use of the Services and, in our discretion, changes to the Services and/or Services’ policies;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- for other internal purposes in connection with our business or the Services; and
- HOW AND WHEN DO WE DISCLOSE INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES?
- DO THIRD-PARTY CONTENT, LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY APPS AND/OR THIRD-PARTY SITES APPEAR ON THE SERVICES?
The Services may contain content, links or apps that are supplied by a third party, and those third parties may collect Usage Information and your Device Identifiers when pages from the Services are served to you for their own commercial purposes. In addition, when you are on the Services you may be directed to other apps that are operated and controlled by third parties that we do not control. We are not responsible for the data collection and privacy practices employed by any of these third parties or their apps or apps and they may be tracking you across multiple online services and may be sharing the results of that tracking with us and/or others. These third parties may have their own terms of service, privacy policies or other policies and ask you to agree to the same. For example, if you “click” on a link, the “click” may take you off the Services onto a different location. These other online services may associate their Tracking Technologies with you, independently collect information about you, including Personal and Demographic Information, and may or may not have their own published privacy policies. We are not responsible for these third-party privacy policies or the practices of third-party owners. Be sure to review any available policies before submitting any personally identifiable information to a third-party application or otherwise interacting with it and exercise caution in connection with these applications. We also encourage you to note when you leave our Services and to review the third-party privacy policies of all third-party locations and exercise caution in connection with them.
- HOW DO I CHANGE MY INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATIONS PREFERENCES?
- CAN I DELETE MY ACCOUNT?
If you no longer wish to use our Services, you may close your account by sending a request to email@example.com. When closing an account, we remove all personally identifiable information from your account within thirty (30) days of our receipt of your request. However, any Personal and Demographic Information or Health Information that you have previously provided and for which you have given consent to use in American Fertility Services research cannot be removed from ongoing or completed studies that use the information. Our contracted laboratories, doctors, and mobile phlebotomists may also retain Your Information as required by local law and we may retain backup copies for a limited period of time pursuant to our data protection policies. In addition, we retain limited amounts of your Personal and Demographic Information related to your order history (e.g., name, contact, and transaction data) as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you Services, as well as for accounting, audit and compliance purposes.
- Children’s Privacy
Our Services do not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal identifiable information from children under 13. In the case we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we immediately delete this from our servers. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us so that we will be able to do necessary actions.
- Geolocation Data
With your express consent, we may access and track location data from your mobile device in order to personalize results or other content. We do not tie any personally identifiable information about you to any of the location tracking technologies that we use.